With a colorful, interactive format, the eighth grade math program, Math Navigator, provides over 139 problems,
which test the skills required for the 8th grade FCAT. In addition, the program provides context rich math problems
drawn from the areas of science, history, health, athletics, art, and music, reinforcing the importance of applying
math skills to a wide range of topics.
- One hundred forty-six multiple choice, gridded response, and short response questions.
- Multiple-choice questions allow your child to receive instructional feedback for each selected answer. For correct answers, the feedback will explain why the answer was correct. For incorrect answers, your child will receive a hint toward the right answer. For a second incorrect response, a full explanation of the solution is provided.
- Gridded response questions call upon your child to answer without guesswork, practicing many of the skills needed when answering short response and extended response questions on the FCAT. The same guided learning feedback as in multiple choice questions will be provided.
- Short response questions help your child to develop critical thinking skills. In short response questions, your child will be asked to select the best answer from two model answers that represent typical student responses. The feedback for each short response question will contain an explanation detailing why the answer is a high or low scoring student response.
- Includes a calculator and reference sheet with the same functions and content as your child will encounter on the FCAT.
- A built-in glossary is provided to help your child better understand math concepts. Children can click on the bold-type glossary words in the math questions, as well as see the definitions and hear the words pronounced.
- My Challenge List—A list of links to the practice problems answered incorrectly by your child. It can be used to further practice the skills that your child finds difficult.
- Colorful artwork illustrates key features of problems and stimulates your child's interest.